Managing a multiple-hospital, enterprise-wide IT infrastructure is challenging. Epiphany offers broad flexibility to hospitals in this situation.
Hospital groups usually have legacy devices from multiple manufacturers and want to avoid the expense of replacing these products. Epiphany is compatible with 260 devices from over 80 manufacturers supporting 23 diagnostic modalities, so you can leverage your existing devices, workflow, and infrastructure.
Our customers have shared that in multiple-site systems, each hospital needs to be able to define its own workflow. Epiphany supports the ability to adjust Cardio Server to fit different workflow preferences for each site in a multiple-hospital implementation. Examples include:
- Epiphany migrates data from your legacy management systems and uses that data to provide serial comparison reports on diagnostic test results from different manufacturer‘s devices.
- HL7 messages, including order updates, preliminary results, image updates, final results, and billing messages, are transferred between multiple applications. For example, Cardio Server supports customized results for Epic, Cerner, Meditech, McKesson, and all other major EMR vendors.
- It is common in multiple-site hospital systems for patients to have different patient IDs from different sites. Cardio Server identifies a patient's previous studies, even if they were performed with a different patient ID in another site, by using patient name and date of study and other unique identifiers of your choice.
- Cardio Server can be configured to not require order linkage for outpatient and clinics studies, but to require orders for inpatient procedures. With our system, you can add not only your hospitals but your clinics and physician practices as well.
- Some physicians confirm studies within the exercise stress application. Epiphany enables those stress studies coming from the hospital/clinic to be received as “confirmed” and pass onto the EMR while allowing physicians at the other sites to confirm using Cardio Server.
- For university hospital systems, Epiphany has a workflow for cardiology fellows. The cardiology fellows receive a “usertype” unique to them that does not contain the ECG’s preliminary interpretation from the cardiograph. In this way, they are able to provide an unbiased interpretation before the reading MD confirms their work on the study. There is an additional option of a “training” version of Cardio Server, which strips interpretations from the ECGs, de-identifies patient information, and creates an archive of ECG training files for future use.
- Multiple time zones are supported for enterprises that extend beyond a single time zone.
Epiphany values feedback from our customers. Listening and learning from our customers has allowed us to be active, adapt, and expand the functionality of our products to be flexible in supporting multiple-site enterprises.