Every hospital has a workflow with the goal to deliver the best patient care at appropriate cost. Yet, did you know that 24.9% of tests are unnecessary partially due to difficulty accessing prior medical records?
Making a hospital’s workflow more efficient can improve the quality of patient care. Products such as Epiphany Healthcare's Cardio Server improve workflow processes. Cardio Server is an ECG management system that connects test results directly with electronic medical records (EMRs), streamlines the reading of diagnostic studies, and ensures that previous results are always available.
Improve Your Clinical Workflow In Three Easy Steps
1. Identify Workflow Woes - Let Epiphany Analyze Your Workflow
Epiphany can look for ways to improve your current workflow. Ask others who are a part of the workflow how they think it could improve. Look for patterns in peoples’ answers to find holes in your process. Follow different types of workflow users for parts of their day to see what their pain points are. Then the following questions can be answered:
- What steps are removable?
- What steps are able to be automated?
- What do physicians find most frustrating?
- How well do your software systems work with your EMR?
- Do your physicians have to log in to several software programs?
- What are the challenges of managing diagnostic test results?
- What challenges do different departments have regarding workflow?
- What parts of your current workflow are essential to keep?
- What is the average time spent with patients?
- What seems to be the overall satisfaction of the patients?
2. Get Buy-In Early – Epiphany Can Help You Prepare for the Right Workflow Wins
Too often, key decision makers feel that technical changes are being imposed upon them. Get the leading physicians and power users involved from the beginning. Ask them what in the workflow can improve to save time in their day. When you show physicians how you are trying to make these improvements happen; they will be supportive of the workflow changes.
When you put in place changes to end these daily problems, decision-makers will believe in the improvement method. Physicians say they want it all, Epiphany can help you get it for them.
3. Implement Workflow Wins - Epiphany Can Create Strategies for Optimization
Now that you know the problem areas of your workflow and you have buy-in, let's find a solution for each pain points. Here are ways that Epiphany Healthcare can turn your workflow woes into wins.
- Use one software program to manage all cardio-pulmonary tests from many hospitals and facilities. Here are Epiphany’s ten requirements for a multi-modality ECG management system.
- Simplify your clinical workflow by working with your devices, EMRs, and unique challenges.
- Epiphany Healthcare’s Cardio Server integrates with all EMRs.
- Whether you are paper-based or are already using an ECG management program, Epiphany offers a migration path.
- Use a mobile platform that enables providers to access and edit ECG data from anywhere with iOS devices. With Cardio Server Mobile, information is secure, responsive, and easy to use.
- Stop Revenue Loss by using graphical data and customized reports from Epiphany Analytica.
- Cloud services simplifies data management by reducing server requirements, storage, and IT costs. Save your hospital time and resources to focus on delivering the best patient care.
- Remove manual steps from your process with Rhythm Strip Management or Modality Worklist.
Your hospital's clinical workflow should run with the same finesse as an experienced surgeon. It should run with software that helps keep your team's attention and focus on patient outcomes. Deliver optimal patient care by letting Epiphany Healthcare turn your workflow woes into wins.