As you seek to achieve interoperability, the many diagnostic test results performed in a Cardiology or Cardiopulmonary Department need to find their way into the hospital’s EHR. Simply importing a PDF test result to an ECG Management System fails to take advantage of the many benefits available when managing 12-lead ECG data and other diagnostic test results. If you are looking for a multi-modality ECG management system, please consider these factors:
- Support 12-lead ECG data from cardiographs, defibrillators, and bedside patient monitoring coming from multiple vendors.
- Manage the following modalities: Holter, stress test, PFT, event monitoring, patient-monitoring, pacemaker follow-up, ICD management, cardiac rehab, sleep studies, ambulatory blood pressure, EEG, and more.
- With network access, allow physicians to view, edit, confirm, and digitally sign all diagnostic tests results using a standard web browser.
- Management and research reporting available for all modalities.
- Accept diagnostic test results from any vendor that shares its data and formats.
- Receive waveforms and additional digital data such as XML or HL7 exports from devices to support editable reports and structured reporting, i.e., support interoperability.
- Connect to the EHR with HL7 interfaces including ADT, Orders, Results, and Billing messaging.
- Provide enhanced bi-directional communication including modality worklists via DICOM, XML, and other worklist formats.
- Workflow requirements, including email notification, faxing, network printing, and generating billing messages are supported for all modalities.
- Single-click access from CVIS system to ECG Management System using Web API.
Upgrading or implementing a new ECG Management System in your hospital is a significant investment of dollars and time. Maximize the return from this effort: Manage many types of diagnostic test results, share one set of HL7 interfaces across multiple modalities, and move towards meaningful use.