Multiple Hospitals sharing healthcare IT systems usually have diverse legacy devices and cannot afford the typical proprietary solutions that start with replacing working devices from various manufacturers. Epiphany is compatible with 100+ devices from over 40 vendors, supporting 15 diagnostic modalities.
Our customers have also shared with us that in multi-site systems each hospital needs to be able to define their own flexible workflow. Epiphany supports:
- The ability to adjust Cardio Server to fit different workflow preferences for each site in a multi-hospital implementation. Examples include:
- Multi-hospital implementations often have more than one vendors’ cardiographs. Epiphany can migrate data from multiple legacy management systems and use that data to provide serial comparison reports on 12-lead ECGs from different vendors‘ cardiographs.
- HL7 messaging (order update, preliminary result, image update, final result, billing messages) can be sent to and received from multiple applications. For example, Cardio Server supports customized results for Epic and also for Cerner.
- It is common in multi-site installations that patients do not have a truly unique patient ID. Cardio Server can identify previous studies for a patient, even if those were performed with a different patient ID in another site. As an example, Cardio Server locates previous studies on name and date of birth.
- Cardio Server can be configured to not require order linkage for outpatient and clinics studies, but require orders for inpatient procedures.
- Some physicians confirm studies within the exercise stress application. Epiphany enables the stress studies coming from this hospital/clinic to be received as “confirmed” and pass onto the EMR while allowing other sites to confirm using Cardio Server.
- Multiple time zones are supported for enterprises that extend beyond a single time zone.
Epiphany values feedback from our customers. Listening and learning from our customers has allowed us to be proactive, adapt, and expand the functionality of our products to be flexible in supporting multi-site environments.